Wednesday, May 5, 2010

New Idea and Great Opportunity!

I am back and starting a new marketing program. As many of you know, I am a supporter of TheTrevorProject.org and I would like to offer a program that would bring media attention to this great program and my Pro racing career. In this tough economy it has been difficult to procure enough sponsorship to race in Grand Am and be able to survive. Many big corporations have cut back sponsorships and that has made it difficult for everyone in the racing (and all other!) communities. I am reaching out to everyone and all communities with this program. My idea is to get lots of private and small corporate involvement in my quest. It is pretty simple. I need to get contributions ranging from $100 to $1000 to race next year (and this year if there is enough interest). I cannot afford my own Grand Am car so when I race it is always a different teams car. I am allowed a certain amount of area on the cars depending on how much I contribute to the team. The idea is to get 2-3 large graphics that have "TheTrevorProject.org" with everyone's names (company names, personal names etc) printed within the graphic. I would also use these graphics on my personal race car (amateur series car as Pro cars are way too $$$).

Here is a list of some of the benefits that would come from sponsorship:
  • Support for TheTrevorProject.org in front of an international audience on Speed Channel
  • Support for the only Out Pro Race Car Driver
  • Links from my website (edarlingenterprises.com) to your organization or web page
  • Photo and video media from each event
  • Exposure at media events I will attend
  • $1000+ sponsors will receive tickets to a chosen race in your area

For this to work I will need to reach a financial goal. I would like to launch this program immediately and will have a progress bar on my website and here when I start to receive donations. I really think this can work with all the support I have received in the past! In doing this program I believe I can generate even more media in some of the larger publications and TV media. I just need to get the ball rolling with your help!

The Demographics for this race series is very large and when you include the GLBT demographic it makes my audience one of the largest in Professional sports! Please give me some feedback on this program as I get it started! I also have a paypal link on my website so be sure to contact me if a donation is going to be made thru that so I can forward all the media to you!

Thanks and hopefully more to come soon!

Evan Darling

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Evan,

I'm glad to see that you are still trying and coming up with new and creative ways to possibly get things done/procure sponsorship(s). Seeing your proposal, in detail, helps a lot. I think one big challenge is that your/this blog is buried in your contact information for whatever reason so it is not easy to find your blog.

I'm part of a few big forums, Tundrasolutions, CorvetteForum, TheHullTruth, DooTalk and a few other smaller ones. As I have a good rep on all of them, I could try and put forth your ideas to any of them and see if any help might be available.

Good to know you are still posting on this from time to time as I check it and always hope that you will share any new information with us.

I would love if you could put more details regarding the cars. Things like what kind of engines are in them, the kinds of tires/sizes you use, all those things that the uninitiated, like me, would love to know about and help us get an idea of what goes on with these races as well as the preparation involved. More work in front of a monitor/keyboard, but could pay off in the interest generated as I'm sure you have an inside view on things that many do not.

Evan said...

Hey there, I will work on the website and links tomorrow as I have a plan :) as far as the mods go, I race in many different series. In BMWCCA (BMW Car Club of America) I race a BMW M3 (E36) and a 325i (also E36). One runs in "IP" (I Prepared) which is limited in modifications. We have to run on DOT approved radials (not racing slicks) and the other is in a crossover class from SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) and its called ITR which is even more limited in rules. As far as the Grand Am cars go, the mods are similar to ITR but we run on a "spec" tire made by Continental. Everyone runs the same tires so that keeps everyone in the same boat with traction. Preparation is everything in racing and we go through the cars very often...

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say it is me, Ben, from Andover High.

I have lots of questions about the cars and the racing that I'd love to know about. I have seen a Q&A somewhere, but stuff like that goes a long way towards showing how everything works. I'd be happy to ask the questions too. Let me know if you might want me to make a list that you might want to answer as I could go on and on as I am interested in all the racing and the cars.

Remember, it was you who taught me how to ride a motorcycle, the KE100 way back in the winter of 1985. I'd love to learn more for sure.

It is already enlighening to know about the tires and how everyone has to run the same type/compound by Continental.

I'd have a lot of questions regarding the BMW's as I secretly want an M3 or a 335. I'll wait till you give me the green light as I'd love to know and I'm sure others would/might as well.

I'm just thinking of any/all the ways to help.

Evan said...

Cool with the BMW's...If you want one, the M3 is the best. The 335 can be made just as fast (if not faster) as it is a turbo and it is easy to turn up the boost. The M3 is a non-turbo V8 that can be upgraded but it is a more pure machine for going fast. It all depends on budget and what you are using it for. We had a blast on that old KE100...remember when we almost hit the tree in AVIS reservation on the blue Yamaha IT175 I had?

Anonymous said...

For a while I was on the E46 M3 Forum as I was looking hard at one, 2002-2006's. I do think BMW's are incredible cars, especially the most recent ones. I'm sure you can recall the ACE4?, Paul M's old green 2002? Hard to believe it has been 25 years since AHS.

Now I know you do remember me as I did wipeout in AVIS on the IT175, in fact, I have the scar on my right knee that will remind me forever of that day.

I had so much fun over the years as a result of you having took the time, and the patience, to teach me how to ride that motorcycle. Of this I'll always be thankful.