Monday, May 28, 2007

Bummer

I guess you can't win them all! I went to Lime Rock Park for the Grand Am Koni Challenge race this past weekend with hopes of getting some much needed media and drivers points. The weather was beautiful and things looked bright. I did the first practice session and it was fine...we had some air in the brake lines so I needed to drive around that but it was my first time there so I just needed to learn the track. After my session we bled the brakes and put some fresher tires on for my co-drivers session. He had alot of experience here so I was hoping to learn from him. He went out and got progressively faster until he lost it in T10 and went head on into the wall at 90+ MPH. Basically that ended our weekend and the car. Oh well I hope the car is repaired in time for Mid Ohio in about 4 weeks! I wanted to go to Mosport and still could if someone would step up to the plate and sponsor me (obviously I would be driving a different car)! The GSM Motorsports/Bildon GTI is an awesome machine and I look forward to racing it. The team is top notch and the car is extremely well prepared. It was a shame to see it go into the wall. But as always when it is repaired it will be better than new...if it is totalled then a new one will be built.

No comments: